Version 4.6.4 was used, All you need is the free license.
To launch the program: Open Project go to tab Project > Scenes > Scene1 (main) > (Click) Open
Press Play at the top:
You can place particles by clicking in the area, or click-drag to give them a direction, or use the R-key to spawn a group of random particles. (Spacebar is for pause and up/down keys for speed)
• Select Hierarchy: Sim
(Note, the tap 'Clear on Play' may have to be selected at Console to activate this)
Go to Inspector :
File_name to give your simulation a name.
You can record a simulation by using Shift-S to start saving the stream. Shift-L will load a saved stream in correspondence to the File_name.
File_framecount shows the number of frames being recorded.
File_framepos the rate of the loaded stream (Shft-L).
(Note, to have it run/record a simulation in the background while using other programs you'll have to go to: Edit -> project settings -> player, then check "run in background" in the inspector window.)
Time Hertz gives the Iteration rate for how precise the collision detection is.
Cfg_Spawn Count let's use the number of particles you randomly spaw by using the R-key.
Cfg_Trail Size to set the tail of the particles.
• Select tab Hierarchy: Sim > Area1
Go to Inspector for adjusting the size of the Area and Boundary reaction.
Once the simulation is running you can check here the the amount of Particles > Size
• Select tab Hierarchy: Types > Type1
Go to Inspector for creating particles:
- Rotation-axis for how they pivot when colliding.
- Cfg_Mirror All Pieces to mirror the boxes -=I=-
- Pieces-Size for the number of boxes out of which a particle is made.
- For each box it is possible to define a Group Number
With the next options it is possible to define how it interacts with other Groups:
No collision / No reaction / Partial reaction (+value)
- Color each box.
- Width * Height of the box.
- Reaction_mul_head & Reaction mul_tail sets the lerp values.
- Reaction_ratelimit sets the deflection speed.
- Reaction_deflection_d sets the angle of deflection when made contact.
- Reaction_displacement gives a jump distance away from the collision point.
-Constant_speed: All the way at the bottom to set the speed.
A variant of Tim Hutton's Mutually-Catalytic Spots system, in which small spots (highlighted in red) follow the contours of large spots, creating "pinwheels". Small spots in the interior of large spots travel clockwise, while small spots on the exterior travel counter-clockwise.
Two coupled Gray-Scott systems. The large spots can only replicate when full of small red spots. Likewise the red spots can only grow inside the large spots - outside of the large spots they die out. The large spots usually inherit their small spots when they replicate - those that don't will no longer replicate. In the starting pattern only the central spot is seeded with small spots. The other two spots don't replicate at all.
'Tree of Life' with knots by Leonardo Da Vinci in the Sala delle Asse in Milan.
Similar to arabesque art: "The very term arabesque is a rather diffuse one, sometimes used broadly to denote almost any style of geometric ornamentation prevalent in Islamic nations, but here I will take it as referring more specifically to stylised vegetal decoration ‘in which plants and leaves grow according to the laws of geometry rather than nature,’ forming ‘interlaced straps, zizags, spirals, scrolls and knots’ which tend to fall into complicated polygonal shapes, in turn forming separate frames for other patterns inside them. Use of this type of decoration, which apparently originated in 10th-Century Baghdad, became widespread throughout the Islamic world in the following centuries." - www.spamula.net
Related to Knot theory: “In topology, knot theory is the study of mathematical knots. While inspired by knots which appear in daily life in shoelaces and rope, a mathematician's knot differs in that the ends are joined together so that it cannot be undone.” - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knot_theory
This dancer comes close to how it feels when I'm imaging the motion of particles in my mind : )
On a funky sided note 'Akasha Tattva' is the 0val particle that is the Aether:
"Akasha (or Akash, Ākāśa, आकाश) is the Sanskrit word meaning "aether" in both its elemental and metaphysical senses. Akasha is space in the Jain conception of the cosmos. It falls into the Ajiva category, divided into two parts: Loakasa (the part occupied by the material world) and Aloakasa (the space beyond it which is absolutely void and empty). In Loakasa the universe forms only a part. Akasha is that which gives space and makes room for the existence of all extended substances." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akasha
1. There is a motor that keeps the big wheel spinning.
2. There is a connection between small and big : flow / transmission.
3. The big wheel acts like a Flywheel with lots of potential energy.
-- Falcao Soliton / U-Tube --
4. Now for the transmission between the big and the small wheel, like a bike, you need a chain/flow and they have to be able to rotate at dependently. This you get when you have a diagonal flow which is the case for the vortices in the water, when there’s a sinkhole or a connection.
5. So there are two different wheels with two different velocities.
6. To get this you need a structure (which is generated by the movement with the dinner plate).
7. This all brings us to the Torus which is a large rotating Flywheel, and a small inner wheel string-shape : Funnel.
8. Same thing for the fig. 8
9. The string in between also causes for dissipation so everything is in balance and can keep on going. Suction on top with the Open funnels, Dissipation along the wire.
10. The different rotational direction of the 2 U-turn vortices keeps the connection flow in balance, like the chain-link of a bike but twisted.
11. There’s an overal equilibrium state thanks to a 3 Dimensional structure.
This blog is to present a Sci-fi Aether concept of how ellipsoidal particles that make up a gaseous medium, can align themselves and form figure 8-shaped loopings or toruses; and thus becoming in essence elementary particles within the Aether.
Some of stuff on this blog is perhaps too far out, and completely wrong, but there are some more valid ideas to reflect upon. Anyway, I'm trying to get a good simulation going, so it all becomes more clear.
Here is a clip of the basic idea of an 8-knot propelling through space: movie (40Mb)